Egerton University has announced that it will hold its 42nd Graduation ceremony virtually in order to prevent the spread of the new corona virus. According to the memo produced by the institution, the virtual graduation ceremony is slated for 31st July 2020. Furthermore, the university produced a raft of measures that prospective graduands are expected to follow in order to ensure a smooth graduation process and enshnace accuracy and speed of processing certificates.
ALSO READ: Fabulous Graduation Gift Ideas for him
” It is the responsibility of each prospective graduand to confirm his/her EXAMINATION RESULTS by contacting their respective Deans’ offices from Monday 6th July 2020″ the university announced through the memo. Students can also access their results through the student portal.
Furthermore, all prospective graduands are required to apply for graduation online through their student portal as follows:
- Apply for clearance by Finance from the student portal under “Clearance application” by Monday 13th July 2020. Postgraduate Graduands will be cleared for graduation by both the Board of Post Graduate Studies and Finance Department.
- Once cleared by Finance, apply for graduation under “Graduation application” by Friday 17th July 2020. Indicate the correct order of names as they should appear in the certificate.
Note: All clearance prior to graduation will be done online. Prospective graduands are not required to clear physically with other University departments.
ALSO READ: Fabulous Graduation Gifts for Her
All prospective graduands are required to fill online and download the “Application for Graduation Form” from selfcare.egerton.ac.ke.
- Go to the link above and click on apply for graduation icon.
- Create an account by submitting a valid email address, and a password (The email must be working because all communications thereafter will be done through this address).
- You will receive an email to activate your account.
- Log in with your email and password and fill the form and submit.
- You will receive a download link for the “Application for Graduation Form”. Download and print three copies to be submitted to your respective faculties during collection of your certificates.
The prospective graduands are encouraged to visit graduation.egerton.ac.ke to access more information on the 42nd graduation ceremony including downloading the programme, graduation booklet, Newslink magazine and graduation etiquette. The website will be activated during the graduation week as from 26th July 2020. This website will feature graduation speakers, a section where parents, friends and guardians can share graduation messages and photos, live stream details and responses to frequently asked questions (FAQs).