Almost all courses at the university requires that students spend at least 3 months on industrial attachment. Furthermore, most universities do not second students to places where they can attend their industrial attachment. Therefore, students have to search for and apply for their attachment by themselves before being allowed to graduate.
Many students often find it difficult to write an effective and winning industrial attachment letter. That is why we have prepared these amazing tips that will help you write an effective letter that will get you called up!
Format for Industrial Attachment Application Letter
- At the top right of the application letter should be your address. Avoid putting your name in this section. If you have a physical address, add it there plus your email address.
- Just below your address and to the left side of the letter, write the address of company or recipient of your application. If it is a company, do some Google search for their address, if you have the name of the specific person you are addressing, the better.
- There after the salutation. Use Sir or Madam if you do not know the name of the person you are writing to. However, your chances will increase significantly if you get to know the person in charge of hiring and address them with their name.
- Reference (This is the title of the application letter) example Application for industrial attachment in the engineering department. This communicates what the letter is all about.
- Opening paragraph: This paragraph should state the position you are applying for and how you knew of the position. It should also contain a basic introduction of who you are.
- Body paragraph: Explain why you are interested in the position you are applying for. Demonstrate your understanding of the position. Talk about your qualification and skills in brief as they will be contained in your CV.
- Conclusion Paragraph: State that you are ready to take the opportunity fairly. Thank the employer for her/his consideration in advance.
- Closing remarks or complimentary remarks: End you letter “Yours Sincerely” if you have begun it with a person’s title and family name. If you have begun “Dear Sir or Madam”, then end you letter “Yours faithfully.”
Are you headed for industrial attachment? Would you like us to help you write the letter? Drop us an Email