Chuka University has published the schedule for hostels booking via the university’s students portal. The notice by the University’s accommodation department was released on the University’s website a month a head of the official commencement of the exercise.
The notice was addressed to both continuing students and first years joining the institution during the September intake.
According to the notice, Year 1, Semester 1 (First Years joining this September) Students are expected to start booking for their rooms on 19th August 2019. The Exercise will run for 13 days and end on 31st August 2019.
Continuing students on the other hand are expected to start the booking process on 5th of September 2019. The one-day exercise is expected to end on 6th September 2019.
In order to secure accommodation within the University’s halls of residence, the students are supposed to meet a raft of requirements. These include:
- Pay full tuition fee for the first semester.
- Login into the student’s portal using registration number as user name and INDEX NUMBER/NATIONAL ID.NO as password.
- Confirm room availability on the student portal
- Pay Accommodation fees to University bank account Co-operative bank account no 01129058189900 or Kenya Commercial Bank account no 110 3755439.
- Book the room of your choice. Before you click on book button verify accuracy of your personal details .i.e. Gender, hostel category & room number
The male hostels are priced at a flat rate of Ksh. 3,000. However, the female hostels are categorized into two. Category 1 of the female hostels are priced at Ksh. 5,500 while Category 2 are going for Ksh. 3,000.
- Visit Chuka website
- Click on Students
- Move to web portal
- Log in,
- Click on Book Hostel and select the preferred hostel and room.
- Print the room agreement form and present it in 2 copies on the reporting day to the respective Halls Offices in the University.
- Incase of any query contact the numbers given above or email.