- Tell us about yourself
I’m Okello Marceline Aketch, a year 2 student at Egerton University and I’m in a relationship.
- When did you discover your modelling talent?
I discovered my modelling talent right from form 3 four years ago and I have participated in several events.
- Why do you want to become Miss Agriculture 2019?
I want to become Miss Agriculture 2019 because I want to ensure the continuity of agriculture since we all know agriculture deals with many things like horticulture and floriculture and also deal with Agribusiness so as to ensure there is a green environment in Egerton like my policy has always been “let’s go Green.”
- Is there anything you have learnt from the outgoing Miss Agriculture?
Yes. She is so positive and she has ensured that all people having passion in agriculture have positive attitude towards it and have better understanding on it.
- Who do you look up to and why?
Rue baby. She is the best model and I’m really looking up to her. She motivates me by during charity works she participates, she helps the needy and also supporting the upcoming models like us.
- If you were crowned as Miss Agriculture, what are you going to do differently?
I’m going to ensure there’s continuity of agriculture not only by word of mouth but by putting it into action and also inviting and welcoming my fellows to help me promote Agriculture.
- If crowned, what are you going to do to market this institution?
I’m going to act as the agriculture ambassador to our institution by motivating and encouraging people to practice agriculture by growing crops, keeping animals and planting even trees to make our environment more green also encourage other institution to come benchmark our institution since we are the best institute in terms of agriculture.
- Why do you think you are the most qualified to be Miss Agriculture 2019?
I’m a born farmer; I have been practicing agriculture up to now therefore I can be a very good ambassador in the field of agriculture since I have passion in it.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 1 year? 3 years?
I’m seeing myself becoming brand ambassador of our country in terms of Agriculture.
- What message do you have for your fellow competitors?
I’m urging them to do it to their best and also to continue to contest in different levels of modelling but not to give up at this point since it’s their passion.
- What message do you have for anyone looking to venture into Modelling?
I’ll advise anyone who would like to venture into modelling that let them not waste their talent if they have already discovered, let them do it to their best since others are keeping their talents the really don’t want to show it. It’s just a matter of believing in yourself.
Thank you so much for the interview.
DO YOU THINK AKETCH IS QUALIFIED TO BE THE NEXT MISS AGRICULTURE EGERTON UNIVERSITY? VOTE FOR HER HERE