Did you know that the deadline for applying for HELB Loan is 31st August? Here’s is a simple guide on how you can apply for the loan.
As you prepare to join university this August or September, the challenge of finding school fees or upkeep money at the university is very real…but HELB is here to help you out with a loan that will boost your financial situation.
The maximum amount that the board awards to each university student is as high as Ksh.60,000 and as low as Ksh.35,000.
HELB application is done online, and a student is required to download the HELB loan form after filling so that it can be signed and submitted to HELB offices located at Anniversary Towers in Nairobi.
What Documents Do you Need?
- National ID card
- Bank Account
- A KRA PIN
- Parents Details (Photocopy of Your Identification Card) KCSE AND KCPE RESULTS
- Email address
- Details of any three people who will be your guarantors that are already employed (You should have a copy of their ID)
After having the details ready;
- Visit the official HELB portal then click User Registration.
- Click on the “create an account’’ to create your HELB account by filling the spaces as prompted.
- Click on the link First Time Undergraduate Loan Application
- Fill the form accurately from the personal details, education, university, parents, family expenses, guarantors, and Bank details.
- Confirm that you have filled your form correctly and click on “Print form” to print your HELB Form.
- After filling your form, ensure that all the parts required to be signed have been signed .