General Terms and Conditions
- The Campus Lady Magazine maybe referred to as “TCLM”, “we”, “us” “our”, “The Company” or “the Website” from time to time in this Terms and Conditions.
- The writer and correspondent maybe referred to as “You” from time to time in this Terms and Conditions.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before you start to use the Website or submit anything to us.
- By using the Website, you indicate that you accept these Terms and conditions and that you agree to abide by them.
- By submitting articles to us, you SHOULD NOT under any circumstances insinuate that you work for us or any of our affiliates or associates unless under express permission from us.
- If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions please refrain from using this Website.
- The Campus Lady Magazine reserves the exclusive right to alter part or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice as we deem fit.
Accessing the Writer Dashboard
- Access to the dashboard is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend your access to the writer dashboard without notice.
- To gain access to the Writer Dashboard, you MUST write a sample article addressed to the Editor in accordance to these Terms and conditions & any other instructions as requested by the Editor.
- If you are provided with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our registration and security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time and to terminate your registration at any time without giving you notice or explanation.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
Writer and Correspondent Recruitment
- Recruitment of writers and correspondents for TCLM will be on a rotational 3-months internship basis.
- Interns will, however, have the right to request for the extension of their internship period with TCLM in accordance to the terms and conditions set out in this document and any other documents thereof.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, graphics, images, video and sound material. Those works are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties in Kenya. All such rights are reserved.
- You must not download or print the material or extracts from this Website in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper format comprising all or part of the material appearing on the Website for personal or commercial use. You may not distribute, transmit or disseminate any part of the material on the Website without our prior permission.
- You must not modify the article or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices appearing on the Website and you must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us and/or our licensor’s.
- We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Uploading or Submitting Material to the Website
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload or submit material to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Any material you submit or upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish such material in any format, including without limitation print or electronic format and to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or that it is defamatory of such person.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Website.
- Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text, graphics, audio or video prior to publication or to refuse publication. We further reserve the right to, without any explanation, remove any material or posting you make on the Website if, in our sole discretion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out below.
Content Quality Standards
- These standards (as further described in the following Guidelines which are incorporated herein by reference) apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Contributions must:
i) Be accurate (where they state facts)
ii) Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
iii) Be original to you
iv) Comply with any applicable law in Kenya
v) Be Not Less than 400 words
vi) Be accompanied by a photo(s)(i.e. content related photo, that happened during that event)
vii) Be Grammatically correct
viii) Be free of Typographical mistakes
ix) Be Campus related.
- Contributions must not:
i) Be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, incite violence or contain sexually explicit material
ii)Advocate, promote or assist any illegal activity of any kind;
iii) Be defamatory to any person or violate another person’s privacy rights or otherwise contain unlawful material
iv) Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person or party
v) Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
vi) Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
vii) Give the impression that they emanate or are endorsed by us, if this is not the case and
viii) Falsely endorse a good or service.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you and other third party suppliers shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from:
i) Any errors or omissions in the content available or not included in the site
ii) An interruption to the supply of the site or the content
Payment Terms and Conditions
- We DO NOT Pay for content submitted to us.
- Writers who accept this terms can submit articles via their accounts or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE:The Campus Lady Magazine Reserves the right to review the above Terms and Conditions at any time deemed fit.